Many laws, regulations and policies, in a variety of jurisdictions, regulate the goods and services that may be bought and sold. For your convenience, we have prepared a list of some of the types of prohibited and restricted items the advertisement for sale of which is not permitted on Freeandable.
Freeandable users remain responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale, payment or exchange, that may apply to transactions in which they participate -- including but not limited to those imposed by the state of California, where the Freeandable service physically resides. We encourage you to research the applicable laws and regulations that may apply to your transaction.
Partial list of items for sale and services the advertisement of which is not permitted on Freeandable:
- Obscene material or child pornography.
- Offer or solicitation of illegal prostitution.
- Weapons and related items, including but not limited to firearms, disguised, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, scopes, silencers, ammunition, ammunition magazines, BB guns, tear gas or stun guns.
- Items issued to United States Armed Forces that have not been disposed of in accordance with Department of Defense demilitarization policies.
- Fireworks, including but not limited to "safe and sane" fireworks or any destructive devices or explosives.
- Controlled substances or illegal drugs, substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances and drug paraphernalia.
- Alcohol or tobacco products.
- Prescription drugs and medical devices, including but not limited to prescription or contact lenses, defibrillators, hypodermic needles or hearing aids.
- Nonprescription drugs that make false or misleading treatment claims or treatment claims that require FDA approval.
- Blood, bodily fluids or body parts.
- Household pets of any kind including but not limited to dogs, cats, primates, cage birds, rodents, reptiles, amphibians, fish. Re-homing with small adoption fee OK
- Pet animal parts, blood, or fluids - including but not limited to stud/breeding service
- Restricted or regulated plants and insects, including but not limited to noxious weeds, endangered plant species, or live insects or pests.
- Pesticides or hazardous substances, or items containing hazardous substances including but not limited to contaminated toys, or art or craft material containing toxic substances without a warning label.
- Illegal telecommunications equipment, including but not limited to access cards, password sniffers, access card programmers and unloopers, or cable descramblers
- Stolen property, or property with serial number removed or altered.
- Burglary tools, including but not limited to lock-picks or motor vehicle master keys
- False identification cards, items with police insignia, citizenship documents, or birth certificates.
- Counterfeit currency, coins and stamps, tickets, as well as equipment designed to make them.
- Counterfeit, replica, or knock-off brand name goods.
- Material that infringes copyright, including but not limited to software or other digital goods you are not authorized to sell, warez, bootlegs (without consent of the band).
- Airline tickets that restrict transfer, and tickets of any kind which you are not authorized to sell.
- Coupons or gift cards that restrict transfer, and coupons or gift cards which you are not authorized to sell.
- Gambling items, including but not limited to lottery tickets, sports trading card 'grab bags', raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries or slot machines.
- Used or rebuilt batteries, or batteries containing mercury.
- Used bedding and clothing, unless sanitized in accordance with law.
- Non-packaged food items or adulterated food.
- Bulk email or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal identifying information
The following links may be helpful in researching whether a particular transaction is prohibited or regulated:
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Bureau of Industry and Security's Denied Persons List
California Department of Food and Agriculture Plant Health and Pest Prevention Services Division
California Health and Safety Code
California Penal Code
Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalled Item List
Drug Enforcement Administration
Federal Laws and Regulations
Food and Drug Administration
Fish and Wildlife Service
National Plant Board
National Stolen Art File
Office of Foreign Assets Control
Patent and Trademark Office